Thursday, February 14, 2008

Some Valentine's day going bad!



For some, Valentine's Day can be heavenly. For others, it's just plain hell.

Take Felicia Sullivan, of Brooklyn. Four years ago, she and her live-in boyfriend -- the guy she thought she would marry -- were having a pre-Valentine's Day brunch when Sullivan leaned over and whispered a few sweet nothings in his ear.

"I said, 'I'm so happy to know that you're the one for me. Aren't you glad to know I'm the one for you?" says Sullivan, 32, who works in marketing.

"And there was this silence. And then he was, like, 'I know you're the one for me now. But can you give me until summer to make a final decision?' "

Aghast at his response, Sullivan quickly broke things off -- but she couldn't move until she found a new apartment. Home alone on February 14 in the apartment they shared, she decided to snoop through her ex-boyfriend's e-mail and discovered he'd had contact with several other women while they were together.

"I've never been a big fan of the holiday," Sullivan says. "But now I typically refer to it as Black Monday..."

0 Comments: